26 October 2012

IN ATLANTA

In August I paid a visit to Atlanta, Georgia (proper). I have friends there I hadn't seen in a while, one being Lo. I've known her since kindergarten. Yet we've kept in touch off and on throughout the years. Lo traveled often so I didn't get to see her as much as I would have liked. I had two small children and travel was not in my vocabulary, but we caught up for lost time. Almost like we had never been apart. Do you have friends like that? 
(left) Me & Lo at Cheeseburger in Paradise (right) Me & Lo at Twist
We had lunch compliments of "him" at Cheeseburger in Paradise good burgers but...ahem. I make them even better at the house with fresh hand cut fries and kool-aid...ok wait that's another post. Later that night we went to Twist. I have to tell the truth I really didn't like that place. Maybe my expectations were to high?
(left) Me & Lo at Chuy's & if I recall correctly this was the least expensive meal we had (right) We went to Strip in Atlantic Station with a good friend of mine Corey...Mwah!
We met up with Corey. I met him a years go when I worked for IBM. He was such a sweetheart to treat Lo and myself to lunch at Strip. I didn't realize it more of a sushi joint so I had the fried sushi...I know not really sushi, but I don't eat raw fish period. Pretty tasty I'll say.
(left) Ken & Shauntelle (right) Me & Shauntelle at Egg Harbor Cafe

OK let me say this couple right here!!!!!!! I can't say how much I appreciate and thank them for picking me up and taking me to Egg Harbor for breakfast. Good food and even better conversation. Just straight up good folks. Mwwaah! Side Note: Ken is fabulous professional photographer! Other side note: Good grits and bacon It's not the thin stuff you get at Denny's or IHOP.. The grits were nice and creamy.
Goodwill located in Altanta, GA near the Perimeter Mall area


Now if you have been reading my blog for any length of time then you know I always have to check out the thrift stores no matter where I am. I didn't find much but you never know. I thought these little pigs were so cute. Paint them out white or even gold....but someone told me not to to get them. I didn't and I won't mention any names, but I hate I didn't get them. I did get this this caftan-ish style top but my mother took it from me when I got home OH well.
At Cafe Circa (top left) "Him" (bottom right) The band, she was singing "Cherish the day" by Sade. Girl could sang too.
"Him" was so gracious to take both Lo and myself out to Cafe Circa. I complained the entire time about the $5 grits which was this teeny tiny bowl that should have been more like $1.50 and they weren't that good. They were too stiff. The grits I had at Egg Harbor made up for it.
Inman Park
Me and him did manage to steal a little time alone. He asked me where I wanted to go. I wanted to visit Inman Park neighborhood. I love historic neighborhoods so much I live in one. So much history and the homes are gorgeous. If I had to move to Atlanta, this would be the neighborhood....I'd have to come up with at least half a million first. So I'll stay where I am for the time being. 
At LaPaz (left) He ordered for me (right) Enchiladas with rice & beans
All that walking and looking made me hungry so, I asked my twitter family where was a great place to eat and @katedecorates made a great suggestion of Mexican restaurant LaPaz in the Vinings area of Atlanta. I must admit the food was good and the $3 margaritas weren't too bad either.
(left) Me & Niki at Lenox Square Grill (right) Me & Lakeitha at Papi's Cuban & Caribbean Grill (Midtown location) my friend was gracious enough to treat me and Lakeitha to an early lunch before I left.
I could go on and on and on because I did so much while I was in Atlanta. I'll spare you guys all the boring details. Though I can't leave without letting you guys know I did have the pleasure and opportunity of meeting two fabulous ladies while I was there after knowing each other from twitter and blogging.  I met Niki, interior designer and lifestyle blogger (Single Bubble Pop) and Lakeitha, jewelry designer and lifestyle blogger (Home to Three Duncan Boys) It was my plan to visit Atlanta again this week but my travels are taking me to another city. WOW did I say travel? I can do that now my boys a grown, ages 19 soon to be 20 and 22 soon to be 23. Where did the time go? I hope that you guys have a fabulous weekend! 

ALL IMAGES by Tonia via INSTAGRAM

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time and the food is to die for! Thanks for sharing!

    Love, Jamie Herzlinger

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was nice meeting you Tonia! Miss you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun reading this post. Very informative as well. I didn’t know the procedure can be easy. your blog is very nice.Thanks for posting this important blog on your website.

    Restaurant bars in singapore

    ReplyDelete

Say what you will. No word verification, approval or hoops to jump through, but comments are monitored and subject be being deleted at the blog owners discretion.

ShareThis

Follow on Bloglovin