04 April 2011

MOONLITE MONDAY GUEST:: NICOLE OF SO HAUTE




Hi! It's Nicole from the blog So Haute here and I'm excited to be guest blogging for Chic Modern Vintage! On my blog I write about decorating and design with a fashion forward point of view and my goal is to help everyone live a bit more stylishly! I'm constantly inspired by everything around me and lately I've been drawn toward bold paint strokes, bright splatters of color and graphic, painterly prints.
I've been seeing this trend everywhere from fashion to interiors and in the work of some of today's top contemporary artists. With any trend, I recommend incorporating small touches into your own home and accessories and artwork are a great way to do this. Above is a mood board I put together of all of the things I've been inspired by lately and below are some ideas for how you can incorporate this look into your own home! I hope you find this as inspiring as I do!

If you'd like to read more from me in the future you can visit me at So Haute or follow me on Twitter! And a huge thanks to Tonia for allowing me to share my inspirations here on Chic Modern Vintage!


1. Abstract artwork by Nicole Cohen on Etsy 2. Tye Dye Stripe Pillow Cover, $29 at West Elm 3. Stardust Blue Pillow, $9.95 at CB2. 4. Painters Salad Plate, $20/set of 4 at West Elm 5. Celebrate the Day Tumblers, $10 at Anthropologie 6. Lulu DK Sunburst Fabric , To the Trade 7. Paint Palette Pillow, $34.95 at CB2 8. Streak Dyed Bowl, $6 at Urban Outfitters 
Inspiration Board Photo Credits:
Room: Kelly Wearstler, Dress: Cacharel/Style.com, Sails: Lulu DK, Painting: James Nares, Painting: Kelly Wearstler/My Vibe my Life, Top: Samantha Treacy/MarieClaire.com, Dress: Akris/Style.com, Style Curator Blog Logo: Stylecuratorblog.com, Paint Brushes: unknown, Painting: James Nares

Find Nicole around the web on her Blog | Twitter

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Nicole for being my guest today! I personally always love a splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her site, soo many ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love So Haute! Thanks for sharing Nicole! (btw, that Kelly Wearstler custom wallpaper at the top of your inspiration board is absolutely one of my favorites!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those painterly accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all this fresh colorful inspiration! Feeling like spring might actually be on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tonia!!! Thank you so much for including me in your moonlite Monday series! It was fun putting this together!! xoxo

    Nicole

    http://www.sohautestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post, Nicole & Tonia. Love all of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!
    We're huge fans of both you guys.
    Tam + Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't like Kelly Wearstler's scribble walls when I first saw it, and now I'm amazed how it's popping up everywhere and I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are HUGE So Haute fans... what a treat to see Nicole on CMV! I love the bold, graphic looks that Nicole has pulled together for her spread. My eye was instantly drawn towards that gorgeous pillow (#7)... I cannot believe it's from CB2! Headed there now to place my order =) Great post. xoxo Annie & Elizabeth of THE NOW Stylebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to fingerpaint on the wall now.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you will. No word verification, approval or hoops to jump through, but comments are monitored and subject be being deleted at the blog owners discretion.

ShareThis

Follow on Bloglovin