02 August 2010

Moonlite Monday Guest: Vanessa of Height of Vintage



Please welcome Moonlite Monday guest Vanessa from Height of Vintage
~~~~~~~
 



I absolutely love this dress for many reasons!
One, it reminds me of something my mother had as I was growing up in the 80's.
Two, you don't see a pattern like this at all, anywhere. I'm wondering if I can recreate it?!
Three, the open back was sexy and it was so comfortable to wear.
The color screams Summer!
I wore this dress while on vacation in Santorini, let me just say I got tons of stares.
My husband and I couldn't figure out why, but decided it was such a different look from the typical island bohemian flowy dresses everyone else had on. 

If you have never been to Santorini, go! It is Heaven on Earth!
Everything I'm wearing is vintage or was thrifted, except for the sunnies.

Thrifted 80s peach dress $2.00 + alteration $7.00 = total of $9.00
Thrifted Mexican bangles = $2.50
Thrifted clear chandelier earring, bought at Salvation Army in Hawaii =$2.00
Thrifted white leather belt = $2.00
Thrifted white woven sandals = $4.00
Blue sunglasses from Target =$11.00

My entire outfit was under $30.00

What a steal! 
I love vintage and thrifting.

I find thrifting is a rush for me, so unlike going to the mall.
Don't get me wrong, I love new and pretty things.
But when I go thrifting it just gets my adrenaline pumping, and I usually already have an idea in my head of what kinda of outfit I'm looking for.
I always come out with unexpected treasures. 

So for you non-thrifters, you never know what you can find...and if your not one who likes to get into the nitty gritty of it, contact me and I can find what your looking for!

~~~~~~~

5 comments:

  1. Love that dress, has anyone ever told you that you look like Nellie Frittata!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look sooooooooooo lovely, I have no words for it. We share the love for thrifting don´t we?. Anybody can look godd on a Galliano dress, but to look like you in a thrift dress, that my friend is magic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Claire, I've gotten Penelope Cruz alot but never Nellie :)

    Awww Thanks Sacramento!

    And thank you again Tonia!
    Your the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa, thanks so much for being my guest. I truly enjoyed it...but you guys need to see her dressed up like Lady Gaga!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you will. No word verification, approval or hoops to jump through, but comments are monitored and subject be being deleted at the blog owners discretion.

ShareThis

Follow on Bloglovin