09 August 2010

Moonlite Monday Guest:: Susan of Maddie G. Designs


I’m excited to have Susan from Maddie G. Designs has my guest today. Susan owns a buying and interior design business. All of you interior designers and decorators, Susan should be able to assist you, when you’re in search of that special fabric, accessory, or piece of furniture.  
image 
My mom is an avid gardener and collector of bird houses. Most of her collection was purchased some 15+ years ago when we lived in Houston. You can find these vintage bird houses in almost any country antique shop it seems.
In our home in Houston, she used them on the mantel. I am sharing two images, one from everyday living…..
image
…and one styled for the holidays.
image
I wish I had an image of the curtain rods that covered two banks of French doors in this room…..the rods were hand carved wood to look like branches….and had wooden birds perched on top of the rod. It was certainly unique.

image
And here are some of her birdhouses today out in her back yard in Northern Virginia. She and my dad had them mounted on tree branches (I think she said they are locust….you want to find a variety that will not decay over time…these made the trip from North Carolina and show no signs of deterioration).
image
What do you think? My own personal style is a bit more contemporary…and I’ve got a black thumb. But, I do love my mom’s collection of bird houses. We used to tease her about the rapidity in which this collection was amassed. She never does anything half way!
Thanks, Tonia, for the opportunity to moonlight over here today. It was an honor to be included!
Please visit Susan at her blog, Maddie G. Designs or if you're an interior designer or decorator, let her assist you with all your buying needs. Visit her website for more details. Side note: If you loved the decor of Carrie and Mr. Bigs place in Sex and the City 2. Susan has a few yards same fabric on the dining chairs available. Go here to see if it's still available.

Here is another image of how she used the same birdhouses when they relocated to North Carolina. Notice she’s even got one on the hearth in this sitting area which was just off the kitchen.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Susan for participating in the Moonlite Monday Series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonia, thanks so much for including me in this series. It was fun. And, sorry I didn't respond earlier but the SATC2 fabric is, indeed, sold....sorry!

    Best,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birdhouses are super cute! I could see some brightly colored ones on my little porch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for introducing me to Susan ! i can't wait to check out her website and work now!

    Persis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for introducing me to Susan ! i can't wait to check out her website and work now!

    Persis.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you will. No word verification, approval or hoops to jump through, but comments are monitored and subject be being deleted at the blog owners discretion.

ShareThis

Follow on Bloglovin